The main challenge of INNOACE project was to:
• Improve links and synergies between companies and R + D + i centers;
• Increase the number of joint actions and innovative projects between companies and R + D + i centers that will allow increase the number of people employed in R & D & I of companies;
• Increase validation of products and services between R + D + i centers and companies;
• Obtain and transfer research results that improve the value chain of key sectors to through open innovation processes;
• Generate innovations in companies by combining creative knowledge;
• New market activities;
• Generate shared knowledge between researchers and entrepreneurs in relation to the key areas of RIS3.
To promote research, technological development and innovation.
The INNOACE project strengthened the business, creating synergies between companies and R + D + i Centers, which will enable actions for the transfer and early validation of products and services through open innovation processes, and to foster the process of entrepreneurial discovery in the areas of key EUROACE.
• Validate new products, processes or services through open innovation processes;
• Increase the skills and technological knowledge of the strategic business sectors of the EUROACE;
• Strengthen the structures and instruments for technology-based entrepreneurship and the transfer of knowledge to business sectors.
During the overall execution of the project, a common roadmap was created for the promotion of entrepreneurial discovery, as well as an Action Framework for Entrepreneurial Discovery. Three workshops on opportunities in technology-based entrepreneurship and creativity and mentoring were also held.
In the last year of the project, under activity 2, the IPN developed and implemented wireless sensor networks for installation in agricultural productions. The wireless sensor networks were installed after laboratory tests to validate the new configuration of sensors and their data. The performance of this equipment is monitored to validate the information obtained and to carry out maintenance and improvement actions.
As part of the project, the workshop Local Sensing Solution 4 Agri-food was also organized. This event addressed the importance of local sensors in the agri-food sector.