The Laboratory for Automatics and Systems (LAS) was awarded several Horizon Europe Projects and is looking for candidates who want to embrace the challenge of implementing these projects and support the digitalization of health in Portugal.
Some of the open challenges:
- Participation in the creation of Testing and Experimentation Facilities for Health AI and Robotics, a Horizon Europe project that will develop a world-class reference testing and experimentation facility to carry out tests and experiments of AI solutions in health.
- Participation in the creation of the Regulatory Pathways to Market Bootcamp, an EIT Health project which provides participants with theoretical and practical knowledge on important topics for their successful access to the market, such as Medical Devices Regulation (MDR), Reimbursement strategies and Health Technology Assessment.
- Providing technical expertise and support to other team members and stakeholders on engineering, technology, and healthcare-related matters;
- Communicating effectively with internal and external stakeholders to ensure alignment and timely completion of project deliverables;
- Managing and prioritising multiple tasks and responsibilities with a strong sense of responsibility and accountability for achieving objectives and results;
- Identifying potential risks and challenges that may impact the project's success and proposing strategies to mitigate or address them;
- Participating in meetings, workshops, and conferences to present project results and findings, share knowledge, and build professional networks;
- Keeping up to date with the latest trends, technologies, and regulations in the field of AI, Robotics, and healthcare to ensure the project's success and competitiveness.
- Opportunity to work on international projects in all stages;
- Continuous training aligned with profile to develop new skills;
- Opportunity for internal growth and advancement within the organisation;
- A young and dynamic team that promotes a friendly work environment;
- Competitive salary based on experience;
- Possibility of gaining international experience;
- Opportunity to work on exciting projects that have a real impact on society.
- Bachelor's degree in Biomedical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Health Informatics, Medical Physics, Medical Technology, or a similar field with a background in technology and healthcare;
- Proficiency in English;
- Experience in the field of ICT for health and well-being.
- Basic knowledge of AI and Robotics;
- Understanding of the Medtech and digital health value-chain and market access in Europe;
- Basic knowledge of Regulatory Affairs for Medical Devices.
- Ability to work autonomously and with a focus on objectives and results;
- Strong sense of responsibility and accountability for achieving objectives and meeting deadlines;
- Excellent communication skills, including the ability to communicate complex technical concepts to both technical and non-technical stakeholders;
- Ability to lead and work collaboratively within a team, including a diverse range of professionals from different backgrounds and expertise;
- Strong problem-solving and critical thinking skills to identify potential risks and challenges and propose effective solutions;
- Adaptability and flexibility to work in a fast-paced and dynamic environment with changing priorities and requirements;
- Positive attitude, self-motivation, and willingness to learn and improve;
- Attention to detail and a commitment to high-quality work.
Send your application by 31 March 2023
using the reference IPN/LAS/2023/CON4