SMART RURAL SMART HIESE
Structuring program to support entrepreneurship and rural innovation
Stimulate a structuring project of rural entrepreneurship and innovation, leveraging the HIESE as a preferential space for the creation of innovative ideas and business initiatives associated with the rural world, in a low density territory (Município de Penela).
Affirm the HIESE - Habitat for Business Innovation in Strategic Sectors, in Penela, as a privileged space for the incubation and acceleration of rural-based companies, through:
1) generation of opportunities and diffusion of applied technological knowledge;
2) attracting and training new entrepreneurs with innovative solutions.
Objectives, Activities and Results expected / achieved
- Action 1 - Technological roadmap of the rural world
- Action 2 - Rural business and ideas platform - SMARTRURAL KNOWLEDGE
- Action 3 - International best practices in rural innovation
- Action 4 - Participation in events and technology scouting
- Action 5 - Creativity Ateliers and mentoring
- Action 6 - Smart Rural Contest - business ideas competition
- Action 7 - Rural Open Days: networking and brokerage sessions
- Action 8 - Smart Rural World Congress
- Action 9 - Program for attracting new companies and rural business ideas
- Action 10 - Model of Management and Operation of HIESE
- Action 11 - Scholarships for young entrepreneurs
- Action 12 - Dinamização, acompanhamento e avaliação
- Action 13 - Communication and Dissemination
As a result of the operation, 14 new companies were created in knowledge and/or technology intensive activities within 6 months of the intervention's conclusion.