INFANTE is an R&D project that proposes the development and the in-orbit demonstration of a small satellite, as the first component of a constellation for maritime surveillance, Earth observation and communications between satellites and ground stations.
To strengthen research, technological development and innovation.
This project will take advantage of the opportunities created by the New Space emergence and the promising expertise developed over the last 20 years in Portugal. Thus, laying a foundation where Portugal asserts itself as a first-line country in access to Space and opening doors for a new set of players that are focused in reducing the barriers in investment and so, creating new lines of business that reduce the institutional dependency of this country’s sector.
• Implementation of communication for INFANTE, through the identification in the consortium of space technology and assets with the potential to develop innovative business for the space market (spin-in), as well as the detection of space technology and assets with potential for develop innovative businesses for other markets (downstream).
• Identification in the consortium as space technologies and assets with the potential to develop innovative businesses for other markets, in synergy with the 3 activities developed in partnership with ESA.
• Organization of events to promote business opportunities in the space economy, in order to attract new companies to this area and increase cooperation between the Portuguese space sector.
• A communication strategy was developed for INFANTE, through publications on social networks and the website space.ipn.pt.
• It was identified in the space technology and assets consortium with the potential to develop innovative businesses for the space market.
• The hachthon ACTINSPACE was organized in 2020.