The AI FIGHTS SPACE DEBRIS project aims to contribute to the Neuraspace Space Traffic Management Platform, the first spaceops platform addressing Collision Avoidance. Space as a market, especially new space, will present new challenges, and new needs that will require new tools. Within the PRR project it is planned to develop all the necessary tools that a satellite operator needs to perform space operations and maintain the space access safety and sustainability. These tools will be made available through Neuraspace’s platform as a stand-alone product or in an integrated suite that provides a higher added value.
The main objective is to develop a space traffic management solution to optimize the activities of satellite operators, with the following characteristics:
1) Allow satellite operators to avoid collisions in a timely manner;
2) Automate complex decision processes through Artificial Intelligence (AI);
3) Use next-generation “Machine Learning” (ML) models to predict the criticality of close encounters (“near collision”);
4) Optimize satellite maneuvers based on collision probability and maneuver cost.
The expected objectives with the Neuraspace platform will be:
• Reduce false alerts, thus reducing unnecessary maneuvers (saving €25k per maneuver);
• Better AI controlled maneuvers: Less risk;
• Save fuel / extend satellite lifetime and Maneuvers based on constraints / priorities;
• AI-powered tools to reduce team time on these operations (business focus).