project aims to expand and adapt the areas dedicated to applied research and technology transfer from IPN to new approaches and requirements. It is intended to achieve conditions that allow a consolidation of the activity developed, bringing it closer to the needs of the market, mobilizing the available skills, in close collaboration with the extensive network of researchers, in particular from the University of Coimbra.
This project was approved under the CENTRO-46-2018-14 Call: Measure to support Technological Infrastructures in the Region, financed by the Regional Operational Program of the Centre - CENTRO2020.
OBJECTIVESPromote greater technological intensity for Portuguese companies, enabling them to better compete in international markets.
The new types of spaces, the adaptation of the facilities and the acquisition of new equipment will allow a greater capacity to support companies by reinforcing the provision of services.Increase the transfer, valorisation and exploitation of scientific and technological knowledge from the SCTN.
Reinforcement of the capacity to develop and exploit assets, interacting effectively with the business community and creating conditions for the systematic exposure of prototypes and technological assets.Increase the technological intensity of high-tech spin-offs.
Reinforcement of support for the technological development of startups, in particular for IPN Incubator and Accelerator, through the creation of better conditions for responding to their requests.Strengthen IPN's positioning in the technological areas of Circular Economy, Energy Efficiency and Digital Transformation of the Economy.
Creation of adequate spaces, allowing a more effective response to the challenges created by the sectors IPN works for.
NEW BUILDING CONSTRUCTION AND ACQUISITION OF EQUIPMENT
Construction and equipment of a new building for the installation of an “Advanced Technology Development Centre”, in multidisciplinary and interconnected areas, centred on emerging technologies. It will be oriented towards the implementation of R&DT and Technology Transfer actions with technological maturity status of TRL 4 to 7, centred on the technological domains of the different IPN units, but focusing on the priority areas of the Economy Circular, Energy Efficiency and Digital Transformation of the Economy and hosting a new aggregating unit to mobilize the existing skills for a more effective performance in these three areas.
ADAPTATION OF BUILDINGS A AND B AND ACQUISITION OF LABORATORY AND INFORMATIC EQUIPMENT
- Adaptation of some rooms in buildings A and B to optimize their operation
- Intervention at the level of infrastructure, replacing equipment, ensuring the safety of installations and meeting laboratory requirements
- Acquisition of laboratory equipment for replacement of older units and expansion to new activities
STRENGTHENING THE DISSEMINATION OF THE INFRASTRUCTURE
Creation of opportunities to disseminate IPN's skills and competencies and expand its network of national and international partners.
It is expected to reinforce and create new skills for its laboratories:
- LED&MAT: creation / adaptation of a new Polymer Innovation Unit, a new Tribology Unit, a new Microfabrication / Powder Technology space
- LAS: new spaces for the development of Electronics, allowing the realization of more sophisticated devices, collaborative robotics and support for the certification of medical devices
- FITOLAB: new Processing Unit, linked to the Molecular Biology Unit
- Increase the response capacity of LABGEO and LIS, the latter mainly in the areas of Artificial Intelligence, User Interface, Networks and Cybersecurity and, in collaboration with LAS and LED&MAT, in the Industry 4.0 field.