The Laboratory for Informatics and Systems (LIS) is looking for an engineer for development, integration and evaluation of IT solutions with DevOps.
LIS is seeking a DevOps Engineer who understands and embraces the DevOps philosophy, can work closely with other teams in an agile workflow, and be comfortable with handling and deploying heterogeneous solutions.
- to work with software developers, system operators (SysOps), and other production IT staff to oversee code releases and deployments, as well as manage the IT infrastructure that supports software code in dedicated, Multi-tenant or hybrid cloud environments;
- incorporate and manage AI models, and respective data management pipelines, in the context of the software developed by the team.
- Analyze, design, implement, and validate strategies for streamlined Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery (CI/CD) workflows;
- Evaluate and implement technologies that improve efficiency, robustness, performance, and security at scale;
- Design and implement automated dynamic environments to support the needs of delivery teams;
- Contribute cross-functionally with other teams to develop deployment strategies for new and existing services;
- Develop creative solutions that automate system functions, reducing the manual and unplanned effort;
- Apply principles of best practice, self-organization, autonomy, and continuous improvement to projects where you are involved.
- Experience in managing solutions built on cloud-based infrastructures, for at least 2 years.
- Have worked at least one year on teams practicing agile methodology, using Scrum and/or Kanban.
- Have excellent English communication skills (verbal and written) to effectively collaborate with a diverse team of people.
- Have written quality code to solve complex automation problems in at least two or more of these languages: Bash, Python, Ruby, Perl, C/C++, or Go.
- Have hands-on development experience utilizing at least one Configuration Management system: Ansible, Chef, Puppet, SaltStack, or similar ecosystems.
- Have developed a programmable infrastructure using Infrastructure as a Code (IaC) tools such as Terraform and CloudFormation.
- Understand SDLC and CI/CD models, with the ability to architect the workflow using tools like Git, Jenkins, Spinnaker, or others.
- Be able to gather and interpret metrics from monitoring tools like Grafana or Elastic Stack to make informed troubleshooting and performance-tuning decisions.
- Be highly self-motivated and ready to learn new concepts and technologies.
- Candidates with a B. S. degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or a related field.
- Hands-on experience designing and delivering containerized microservice architectures.
- The activities will take place at Laboratório de Informática e Sistemas (LIS), Instituto Pedro Nunes (IPN);
- This work will be integrated into national and international research projects;
- The wage for this position will be determined according to the experience and background of the applicant.
Applications to firstname.lastname@example.org