POWESKIN+ search for innovative and sustainable façade building solutions that can answer the current energy efficiency and carbon neutrality challenges address by the European Green Deal and face the threats of climate change.
To strengthen research, technological development and innovation.
The project aims at prototype and pilot test in a relevant environment (TRL 7) a new generation of off-site, prefabricated and easy-to-install integrated solutions for non-residential curtain wall façade systems. The project combines a vast number of state-of-the-art high energy-efficient materials, systems and technologies KETs, namely:
• Nano-superinsulation elements;
• Multi-functional nano-enabled coatings;
• Solar energy harvesting components based on flexible perovskite solar cells;
• Active/passive microfluidic thermal storage materials & PCM-driven latent heat storage elements;
• Second-life Li-ion batteries from hybrid and electrical vehicles.
• Generate innovative hybrid-enabled systems enhanced with different multifunctional add-on features for nZEB and Plus-Energy Building Curtain Wall solutions;
• Demonstrate a holistic façade solution, treading the path for future exploitation with non-residential buildings as the primary entrance market. The prototyping and demonstration of both premium and affordable solutions will be made in 3 real-size non-residential buildings located in 3 European countries (Portugal, Germany and the Czech Republic);
• Provide the retrofit market with highly adaptive multi-case energy-efficient and management systems.