I9K aims to respond to the challenges of the Kiwi industry by creating a group of excellence that will adopt innovative strategies and agricultural practices that generate greater productivity, enhancing the sector's competitiveness in new markets.
Ação 1.1 Grupos Operacionais promovida pelo PDR2020 e co-financiada pelo FEADER, no âmbito do Portugal 2020In this context, the main results to be achieved in the scope of i9K are:
- Mapping of the main producing regions based on abiotic and biotic factors. Implementation of programs that identify the most vulnerable regions based on the prediction of the direct and indirect effects of abiotic and biotic factors.
- Methods of mitigation and control of Psa through the use of antagonists with possibility of being used in real context.
- Methods of mitigation and control of Psa in pollen with the possibility of being used in real context.
- Methods that boost the immune system of the plant with the possibility of being used in real context.
- Identification of natural reservoirs of Psa whose management will be included in the Technical Manual.
- Identification of varieties adapted to the climatic of the two main producing regions, Entre Douro e Minho and Beira Litoral, with high productive capacity and resistance / tolerance to Psa.
- Innovative pollen application methods adapted to the national context (size of plots, soil and climatic conditions, pergola vs cross-section, etc.)