Innovative and inclusive tools for trainers and learners living in rural areas
The European countryside faces existential challenges, ranging from declining and aging populations, to lack of job opportunities and basic services, to the risk of losing the technological train, with the consequent danger of socioeconomic and political marginalization that this entails. Despite the challenges, there are opportunities to reinvent the rural world.
Rural Plus proposes itself as a tool to further support this process, offering opportunities and tools, as well as greater synergies, to connect with rural populations, involving them in building the Union.
The project will enable the creation of activities and results that will produce immediate as well as long term impact among the local communities of the participating partners (all located in rural areas), among trainers, educators and mentors, as well as among the less qualified and the socially excluded.
Objectives, Activities and Results expected / achieved
The objectives of the project are:
The expected results are:
- Improve knowledge and communication by training rural mentors and using language and tools adapted to the local context;
- Reduce the technological deficit and the participation barrier by offering quality training opportunities that empower youth and adults, in addition to creating spaces that alow citizen participation through communication channels such as radio, social networks, blogs, and newsletters;
- Promote the inclusion of youth and women in the rural world, groups that usually encounter barriers in accessing education, employment, or access to services, but also in terms of citizen participation
- Contribute to the creation of more cooperative and functional urban-rural links that will improve the socio-economic system of the rural world, increasing its population and thus allowing the reactivation of essential services such as education, health and transport.
- Creation of a communication and knowledge toolkit, based on infographics and digital promotional material to offer better communication of European policies;
- Creation of a mixed training for mentors that can provide them with the necessary tools to support participants in the hubs, as well as mediation and conflict resolution skills, amongst others;
- Creation of an e-platform that will include training and activities carried out during the execution of the hubs, in order to empower people living in rural areas, providing them with resources and skills for their personal, civic and professional development.