CIP - Intelligent Energy - Europe: 2008 Call for Proposals
The objective of the Intelligent Energy - Europe programme is to contribute to secure, sustainable and competitively priced energy for Europe by providing for action to:
- foster energy efficiency and the rational use of energy resources (SAVE);
- promote new and renewable energy sources and support energy diversification (ALTENER);
- promote energy efficiency and the use of new and renewable energy sources in transport (STEER).
This is not an R&D programme (this is covered under the FP7 Energy theme); it will fund activities which support capacity building; building and spreading know-how, skills and methods; exchanges of experience; development of market and intelligence; policy input; awareness raising and information provision; and education and training. The IEE programme does not fund "hardware" type investments, demonstration projects or technical research and development projects on energy efficiency and renewables.
Eligible participants are any public or private organisation from the EU, Iceland, Norway, Liechtenstein and Croatia.
Types of actions to be funded:
1. European projects with at least 3 partner organisations from 3 different eligible countries; maximum funding period = 3 years and budget = between 0.5 and 2.5 million euro (mainly staff costs).
2. Setting up of new local/regional energy agencies: Only local/regional public authorities can apply; 1 authority = 1 proposal; maximum funding period = 3.5 years.
BUDGET: 45 million euro will be made available, supporting up to 75% of eligible project costs.
DEADLINE: The deadline for submitting applications is 26 June 2008 at 17.00 (Brussels local time) - electronic submission only
FURTHER INFORMATION: The main web site for full information is http://ec.europa.eu/energy/intelligent/call_for_proposals/index_en.htm and the call documents are at http://ec.europa.eu/energy/intelligent/call_for_proposals/call_library_en.htm