If you are passionate about security, privacy, IoT, or you want to develop microservices and use Artificial Intelligence, then our team at IPN is the right team for you. We have several ongoing projects that cover, among others, AI-based Intrusion Detection Systems, IoT Frameworks, Remote Attestation, Device Protection mechanisms, or Secure Multi-Cloud Environments.
Who we are
The Laboratory for Informatics and Systems (LIS) is one of the six labs of Instituto Pedro Nunes (IPN).
We work in two main types of activity. On the one hand, we actively seek to partner up with technological research and development consortium projects, both on a national and international level. On the other hand, we develop innovative multi-disciplinary projects as services to public and private entities in close collaboration with the client, always trying to leverage the most advanced technology on the market.
What we offer
- Competitive salary according to your experience;
- Hybrid work;
- Flexible working hours;
- Participation in technical conferences, workshops, meet-ups or hackathons;
- Opportunity for career progression within the lab.
- Conduct research to develop new cybersecurity approaches;
- Collaborate with developers, partners, and users to design and develop new products and services;
- Support our engineering team in maintaining existing solutions;
- Contribute to project communities (including international projects), influencing design and implementation decisions;
- According to your ambition, contribute to high-visible open-source projects or standardization communities, leaving a long-lasting footprint.
We are looking for a colleague with:
- Good understanding of essential cybersecurity principles;
- Good grasp of software development techniques (debugging, testing, code review, etc.);
- Familiarity with basic data structures;
- Basic understanding of containers (e.g., Docker) on a user level;
- Interest in DevOps / CICD;
- Willingness to learn and dive into complex problems;
- Ability to clearly communicate and be a team member;
- Critical thinking;
- Organization and sense of responsibility;
- Work independently but know when to pause and ask for help.
Knowledge And Skills
- Proficiency in Python, Bash, Java or similar programming languages;
- Good debugging skills;
- Solution oriented thinking;
- Very Good English communication skills, both verbal and written (fluent).
Education And Experience Required
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or equivalent.
- Send email with CV to email@example.com